Mon 28 Apr 2014 – Thu 1 May 2014 ǀ UK Theatre, Covent Garden, London
*Book by Monday 17 March and save £45 on your booking*
Designed and quality controlled by the Institution of Occupational Safety & Health (IOSH), Managing Safely will provide you with the knowledge and practical tools to tackle the many and varied health and safety issues that arise within your organisation. This course covers current legislation, theory and practice of health and safety management and includes practical exercises and tests.
- Managers and supervisors who have responsibility for health and safety within their organisation.
The course will cover:
- Introducing managing safely and your responsibilities
- Assessing and controlling risks
- Understanding your responsibilities – the law and health and safety management systems
- Identifying hazards (entrances and exits, work traffic, fire, chemicals, electricity, physical and verbal abuse, stress, noise, housekeeping and the working environment, slips, trips and falls, working at height, computers and manual handling)
- Investigating accidents and incidents – why accidents happen and why they should be investigated and how to carry out an investigation when they do
- Measuring performance – how checking performance can help to improve health and safety
- Protecting our environment – ways organisations can cut down on their environmental impacts
At the end of this course you will be awarded an IOSH Managing Safely Certificate. Delegates will be required to attend all 4 days of training and complete both the written and practical assessments before this is awarded.
Tutor: Phillip Brown, Group Head of Safety and Environmental Services of Ambassador Theatre Group. He is a member of the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management, a Chartered Member of the Institution of Occupational Safety & Health and a Registered Occupational Safety & Health Consultant.BACK