In 2014 there is one bursary available under the scheme, which is designed to support the professional development of practitioners in technical theatre. Each bursary is valued at £580 is intended to cover the cost of taking the ABTT Bronze Certificated Award*, associated qualification and certificate.
The award is made up of five elements. Each element takes one day:
- Electrical Fundamentals – introduction to stage electrics: first line maintenance
- Knots & Splicing – essential every technician has an understanding of knots and ropes
- Fundamentals of Flying – formal training on how to handle and operate such equipment
- Safe use of temporary access equipment – as used in theatre venues
- Manual Handling & Introduction to Health & Safety at Work Act – an essential element in all stage activities
- Multi-choice question paper
The final decision rests with the ABTT Training and Education Committee.
DEADLINE EXTENDED: Applications which you can download here NicholasvanWijk_bursary_2014 and complete should be received no later than Friday 22 August 2014 and should be addressed to:
Nicholas F van Wijk Bursary, ABTT, 55 Farringdon Road, London EC1M 3JBBACK