GREEN MY PRODUCTION: A half day showcase of sustainable solutions for music and the performing arts 1pm – 7pm 27th March 2013.
Julie’s Bicycle and White Light are hosting a sustainable production event in South West London on 27th March from 1pm to 7pm. The event is for all production professionals (both outdoor and indoor), and those interested in sustainable production and best practice in the creative sector. The event is free but attendees must register to attend and places are limited.
The programme includes talks and discussions from industry and climate change experts, and a tradeshow exhibiting sustainable products and services. Guests will have the opportunity to try out new technologies and seek advice from manufacturers, designers and event production professionals. The evening will include networking drinks and live music.
- The future of green lighting with a demo comparing current and future technologies.
- A view from the field – Festival Republic will demonstrate how a sustainable approach to festival production reduced the emissions from Latitude and Reading festivals by 18% and 15% respectively.
- Theatre scenery contractor turned environmental engineer, Simon York, will drill down into the environmental impacts of set materials.
- Renowned theatre designer, Soutra Gilmour, will discuss the transition to sustainable design aesthetics.
- A tradeshow will demonstrate all areas of sustainable production. Exhibitors include suppliers of renewable power technologies for both outdoor and indoor events; certified environmentally friendly stage and costume fabrics; rechargeable batteries for on-stage sound; green production waste services; and catering supplies.
Information and registration: http://www.juliesbicycle.com/about-jb/news/green-my-production.html
For more information or press passes please contact Lucy Warin on 020 8647 0400 firstname.lastname@example.org