We are very pleased to be able to extend an invitation from the Stage Management Association to those with ABTT membership to attend their Equity/SMA Brunch on the topic of Risk Assessments (see details below). Please note this event is FREE for ABTT, SMA and Equity Members. £10 for others per Brunch.
Special Offer: £10 off Technical Standards for Places of Entertainment – Cash Sales Only.
To help with the cost of brunch we shall have copies of Technical Standards available for Cash Sales only at a special discount price of £40 each. (Full Price £50)
Technical Standards: Section N1: “Risk assessments only work if they are being used, not if they are stuck on a shelf gathering dust.”
Equity/Stage Management Association Brunch – Risk Assessments
15th December 2014
Venue: Council Room, Equity, Guild House, Upper St Martin’s Lane, London WC2H 9EG
Risk Assessments – the do’s and the don’ts.
Experienced colleagues led by senior SM/PM Adam Burns pool more years of experience than they like to admit, to talk you through the right and wrong way to approach a risk assessment for your next show.
Topics covered will include:
- Less is more: Did you know that HSE actually advise less information on risk assessments in many cases?
- What is a risk? Some work carries more risk than other, but you might be surprised to hear that some serious risks can occur during work you do every day.
- The methodology: How do you quantify risk and what do you need to do to avoid it?
- Does risk assessment apply to rehearsal?
- How do you know which risks you need to assess?
- How can you make sure that you and your team are equipped and properly informed to run a safe show?
- How do I write a risk assessment which people will actually read?
- Get seasonal advice: is throwing sweets into the audience really a Health and safety Hazard?
- How is video and photography in a theatre a Health and safety risk?
- Can you have a bubble machine at your Xmas party?
- We have fights, stunts and pyros in our show: how can they ever be safe?
- Find out how to plan for and assess inherently risky activity
Share your experience and get information relevant to you. Bring a risk assessment from your current or next show and get advice on the risks you face and how to reduce them.
Free for ABTT, SMA and Equity Members. £10 for Non-members per Brunch. Please reserve your place by emailing the SMA here.BACK