PLASA (Professional Lighting and Sound Association) have developed two complementary surveys: one for technicians working in lighting, pro audio/sound, crew, rigging, automation, flying, temporary stages/structures, and sectors including live events, theatre, exhibitions and music and one for employers in the same areas.
The ABTT believes appropriate regulation is self-regulation and the right training is industry led training. We are taking part in the survey as an organization but the most important information will come from those who work in our sector and from those who are employers in our sector. The surveys are quick and the information is completely confidential. We strongly support PLASA’s initiative in gathering data directly from those who are involved in our industry as it will be essential to have this at hand as we continue to produce regulations and guidance, training and career development.
Win great prizes by taking part in the technicians’ survey.
You can win one of several great prizes – there are 5 Leatherman Waves to give away courtesy of White Light, 2 pairs of Dirty Rigger Gloves courtesy of Dirty Rigger, and 2 Amazon gift vouchers worth £25 each. The 9 winners will be chosen at random from those who complete the survey and supply their names and email addresses.
PLEASE COPMPLETE THE SURVEY BY FRIDAY 14th MARCH 2014
If you are an Employer you too can provide invaluable data.
PLASA have also developed a survey specifically for employers in both theatre and live events so please contribute by:
- Completing the Employers Survey
2. Passing on the Technician Survey to those technicians you employ permanently, as freelancers or as casuals
The purpose of these surveys is to gain good quality information about the following:
- the number of technicians being employed in audio, automation, AV, crew, lighting, multi-skilled support, rigging and temporary staging
- the percentage of employed to freelance technicians in our industry
- the size of the employment costs for this group of employees
- the percentage of technicians working as managers, supervisors, technicians and trainees
- the support from employers and technicians for the development of further competence-based qualifications like the National Rigging Certificate.
The information gathered by these surveys is to be used to inform the development of vocational qualifications for technical skills in the entertainment industry and for lobbying on behalf of the live event sector.
For all those who enter the employers survey there is a chance to win…
PRIZE! Two pairsof West End tickets, courtesy of Ambassador Theatre Group (Subject to availability and at ATG’s discretion). The two lucky winners’ names will be chosen at random from the survey respondents. Employer Survey: www.plasa.org/EmployerSurvey
PLEASE COMPLETE THE SURVEY BY FRIDAY 14TH MARCH 2014.BACK