The Theatres Trust announces its sixth round of small capital grants to theatres.
Grants from the Trust’s Theatres Protection Fund Small Grants Scheme are awarded to:
- Little Angel Theatre, London receives £3,700 towards its ‘Exterior Repair and Restoration’ project to undertake urgent repairs to its flat roof.
- Actors Workshop Halifax receives £4,020 towards its ‘Urgent Roof Repairs’ project to repair and replace weather-damaged roof tiles and guttering.
- Dunoon Burgh Hall in Scotland receives £5,000 towards its ‘Stage Lift’ project to install a low rise platform lift to allow fully disabled access to the stage.
- People’s Theatre Newcastle receives £5,000 towards its ‘People’s Theatre Redevelopment’ project to improve its building services infrastructure in preparation for a redevelopment of the theatre.
- Polka Theatre, London receives £5,000 towards its ‘Ventilation Upgrade’ project to replace air conditioning and heating units in its main theatre with more energy efficient models.
The Trust’s Small Grants Scheme helps theatres in need and at risk address urgent building repairs, improve their operational viability, introduce environmental improvements, and enhance physical accessibility.
The Trust recommends that all applicants discuss any potential application with them before submission. Trustees of The Theatres Trust will meet in June 2015 to consider further Small Grants Scheme awards.
Deadline for Round 7 applications is 5pm Wednesday 27 May 2015.
The Theatres Trust
T: 020 7836 8591