The Creative Venue Technician Apprenticeship Standard has been approved. See here. The government is now consulting on the assessment specification for the apprenticeship. Consultation is open until 14 August 2016. The following call for consultation is posted at: https://consult.education.gov.uk/apprenticeships/copy-of-apmarch/consult_view Please respond by 14th August to make sure your views are received.
Apprenticeship Assessment Plans – July 2016
Apprenticeships are a key component of the growth agenda. The government is keen to ensure that a greater number of high quality apprenticeships are created to meet the needs of employers and apprentices, and help drive up growth and productivity across the economy. This survey invites you to comment on Assessment Plan proposals submitted this month by employer groups, before a decision is made on whether to approve them for publication.
Whilst the nature and methods of assessment will differ between occupations, we require all Assessment Plans to focus on the end-point assessment process and do the following four things:
- Explain what will be assessed (i.e. which skills, knowledge and behaviour listed on the standard, giving detail if needed)
- Explain how the apprentice will be assessed (i.e. which method or range of methods will be used at the end of the apprenticeship to judge competency).
- Indicate who will carry out the assessment (i.e. who will be the assessor(s) for each aspect of the end-point assessment) and who will make the final decision on competency and grading.
- Propose quality assurance arrangements to make sure that the assessment is reliable and consistent across different locations, employers and training and assessment organisations.
The Assessment Plans submitted this month are:
- Mineral Processing Mobile and Static Plant Operator
- Engineering Construction Pipefitter
- Creative Venue Technician
- Nuclear Operative
- Building Services Engineering Ductwork Craftsperson
- Building Services Engineering Ductwork Installer
- Advanced Butcher
- Facilities Management Supervisor
- Nuclear Technician
- Advanced Dairy Technologist
- Piling Attendant
- Event Assistant
- IT Business Analyst
- HE/FE – Assessor Coach
- HE/FE – Learning Mentor
A copy of the proposal will download when you select the one you want to comment on in question 4. If you would like to comment on more than one proposal you will be prompted to do so once you have finished responding to the first.
If you are interested in finding out more information about who is involved in the development of any proposal, including where relevant the professional body please contact email@example.com .
Why We Are Consulting
This survey invites you to comment on Assessment Plan proposals submitted this month by employer groups, before a decision is made on whether to approve them for publication.