ABTT Gold Award for Theatre Technicians (Warwick) – (POSTPONED)
Member’s price £420+VAT
Non-member’s price £530+VAT
25 – 26 July | 10:00 am - 5:00pm
Coventry, Warwick Arts Centre
Please note that in completing the on-line application you are confirming that you wish to attend this course.
Should you wish to simply enquire about the course please contact the office or Tel: 020 7242 9200
What is the ABTT Gold Award for Theatre Technicians?
The Gold Award is a two day course designed to support the candidate for a role in which they will have responsibility for the management of the working environment and the practices therein.
Who can do the course?
Candidates wishing to pursue the Gold Award should have attained a similar level of understanding and comprehension as achieved by pursuing the Bronze and Silver courses. At Gold level candidates cover formal risk management skills required by managers, HODs or supervisors.
How is the course structured?
DAY 1: Risk Management 1 – This module covers important aspects of the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations, including roles in emergency/disaster plans and attitudes towards theatre safety.
DAY 2: Technical Standards for Places of Entertainment- exploring the guidance. Risk Management 2- a practical session completing risk assessments. Gold Award Assignment Briefing – planning your written report.
What does the course cover?
• Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974
• Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
• Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations, Revised 1998 (PUWER)
• The Lifting Equipment and Lifting Operations Regulations 1998 (LOLER)
• Work at Height Regulations 2005
• Noise at Work Regulations
• Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005
• Licensing Act 2003 and Legislative Reform (Entertainment Licensing) Act 2015
• Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015
• Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations
Gold Assignment Brief:
The assignment is a written report, to be completed within 3 months of the last course date and based on a management Safe System of Work, featuring the candidates workplace. It should be 2500-300 words. An assignment briefing and candidate discussion will take place with the course tutors. The assignment will be subject to external assessment by the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland.
What will I be able to do at the end of the course?
• Identify legal requirements for the provision of health and safety in the work place
• Identify sources of guidance for compliance with legal requirements
• Develop procedures to ensure adequate management of health & safety in the work place
• Undertake a comprehensive and detailed Risk Assessment
• Develop and record detailed method statements to achieve the control measures identified by a risk assessment.
ABTT Silver Candidate, Summer School 2018
Thank you for a great week, I learnt a lot in such a small space of time and have already made plans on how to implement what I was taught into everyday life at my Theatre. The instructors were fantastic really knew what they were talking about.