Creative Associates (sound, lighting, set/costume) at Belgrade Theatre
Application closing date: 11 Mar 2024 8:00am
Position: Creative Associates (sound, lighting, set/costume)
Contract: Part time, Fixed term
At the Belgrade Theatre Coventry are looking for three Creative Associates within the fields of lighting, sound and set/costume to join our three-year Creative Associate Programme.
Our Creative Associates programme forms part of our co-creation approach and will support three emerging, diverse, creatives.
The programme will provide training and mentoring opportunities and, by year three, the opportunity for creatives to lead on a Belgrade flagship production. During their time at the Belgrade, the Creative Associates (ideally from the Global Majority) will be given hands-on experience and professional development of their chosen craft.
The three placements are in the following fields:
This is a three year paid training and development programme. The successful Creative Associates will each receive:
- An approximate annual salary of £25,000 pro rata for up to three days per week. We are open to discussions around the payment terms and working pattern, e.g. freelance based on the needs of the work.
- Dedicated industry mentor.
- Access and opportunity to learn alongside the Belgrade’s Creative Director, industry professionals and community.
The applicant needs to be able to demonstrate experience and a level of competency in the specified field (lighting, sound or set/costume) and/or demonstrate a strong transferable skill. For example, someone working in fashion or carnival wishing to move into theatre costume design, a music producer or composer wanting to design sound for theatre or a designer who has experience in production art.
Applicants need to demonstrate strong experience and skills in their chosen design field (lighting, sound, set/costume) alongside:
- Passion for learning and developing skills
- Self-starter who is proactive with a thirst for knowledge
- Adaptable to opportunities that present
- Collaborative – someone who enjoys being part of a team
- Able to work independently and confidently to deliver research and present ideas.
For more information and to apply, visit the Belgrade Theatre website and download the Candidate Pack.
Apply via www.belgrade.co.uk