Lighting Supervisor at Glyndebourne Productions Ltd
Application closing date: 29 Feb 2024 8:00am
Based: Glyndebourne, Lewes, East Sussex
Salary: Up to £50,000 DOE
Position: Lighting Supervisor
Contract: Full time, Fixed Term Contract
We are currently recruiting for a Lighting Supervisor to join our Lighting team on either a Permanent or 12 Month fixed-term contract.
Your role is to deliver high quality technical and managerial services to productions at Glyndebourne and any other venue where the company may perform. You will provide lead coverage for lighting duties in a busy repertory environment, concentrating on specific productions.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
– To lead on the realisation of lighting requirements for specific productions as assigned, including artistically sensitive reproductions of revivals, taking into account the repertory working practices.
– To work closely with visiting lighting designers; supporting them in their artistic endeavours whilst responding to problems creatively, calmly and positively
– Act as a team leader, giving technical advice and instruction to lighting staff as necessary, to help develop skills and suggest any relevant training
– To deputise for the Head of Lighting as required, and share responsibility for departmental staffing, with a focus on team development
– Support the Head of Lighting in maintaining an efficient, skilled and professional department
– To lead on the preparation, rigging, focusing, operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of lighting equipment for productions.
– To provide lighting design services as required for revival productions.
– Prepare and update show bibles, annotated scores, risk assessments, method statements and other documentation as appropriate for productions and systems.
– To ensure all productions and projects meet Glyndebourne’s sustainability targets from a lighting perspective.
– Ensure that rehearsals, show changeovers and performances are executed smoothly and to time.
– To prioritise team workloads in a rapidly changing environment.
– To work closely with other departments to facilitate lighting requirements.
– To work across 7 days including unsocial hours.
– Any other duties as reasonably required
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
– Extensive lighting experience at a supervisory level; experience of leading by example and guiding and motivating others
– First class technical knowledge with a passion for creating high quality theatrical productions.
– Extensive knowledge of the use and maintenance of a range of professional lighting equipment and networking, including Eos range of control systems, Martin range of moving lights.
– Experience with fault finding complex systems.
– An excellent knowledge of health and safety within a theatrical environment including safe rigging practices, temporary electrical installations and CDM.
– Ability to multitask and handle multiple projects simultaneously whilst prioritising conflicting demands.
– Excellent communication skills and able to work alone or as part of a team.
– A high level of attention to detail with artistic sensitivity.
– A genuine passion for theatre.
– A genuine passion for managing people.
– Experience working with creative teams.
– Training: Manual Handling, Working at Height, BS7909/ABTT Silver Electrics,
– Experience working in large scale repertory theatre/opera or large scale touring.
– Experience programming theatrical control systems, eg Eos, QLab etc
– Experience working with CAD systems in 2D and 3D: AutoCAD/Vectorworks
– The ability to follow a musical score.
– Lighting design experience.
– Full UK driving licence.
– Training: IPAF, Forklift, IOSH Managing Safely
To travel, when required, on Glyndebourne business.
Hours of work, Salary and Benefits
We can offer a salary of up to £50,000 per annum dependent on experience, salaries are reviewed annually on 1st January.
The contractual hours of work are on average 48 per week however you may be required to work additional hours to meet the demands of the role including evenings & weekends.
We offer 5.6 weeks holiday per year including public holidays, this will increase to 6.6 weeks from April 2024. We also give additional non-contractual closure dates at Christmas.
We can offer a beautiful working environment, and the chance to see world-class opera. For those without their own transport we have a free minibus service to and from Lewes railway station.
We also offer :
Free Pilates and Zumba classes, once a week
Corporate Gym memberships
An onsite Physiotherapist
Cost price electric car charging
Cycle to Work scheme
Subsidised dining at our onsite restaurants
Free tea and coffee
Discount at the Glyndebourne shop
Free on-site parking
Free minibus service to and from Lewes train station and Ringmer
Discount at various highstreet retailers through the Glyndebourne benefits hub
How to Apply
Glyndebourne is an Equal Opportunities Employer and a Registered Charity. We promote equality, diversity and inclusion in our workplace and actively encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply for vacancies, including ethnically diverse and disabled candidates, who are currently under-represented in our workforce.
To help us monitor the effectiveness of our commitment to diversity and inclusion and our supporting policies and procedures, we ask all job applicants to complete our anonymized and confidential Equal Opportunities monitoring form.
Please then apply by e-mail, sending your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is Thursday 29 February 2024
Enquiries or applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for our vacancies. If relevant to you, please inform us of this in your covering letter. If you have any questions in relation to this or if you would like this advert sent to you in a larger or dyslexia friendly font then please contact a member of the HR team at email@example.com.
Glyndebourne commits to protecting your privacy. We will only use information about you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and other relevant legislation and regulations. Please see more information in our Company Privacy Notice on our website.
Apply via www.glyndebourne.com