Project Engineer at Whitelight
Application closing date: 4 Feb 2020 12:00am
Salary: Salary dependant on skills and experience
Position: Project Engineer
Contract: Full Time
The Role Summary
To provide professional services to support the design, installation and commissioning of integrated audio, video and lighting system installations in the Broadcast, Leisure, Corporate and Entertainment industries, working with colleagues and customers as necessary to ensure that solutions offered by WL meet the needs of our project stakeholders.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide high level system design to enable the Technical Sales and BDM teams to issue client quotes and tender responses
- To provide detailed design and project engineering to support projects in quotation, planning and delivery
- To produce accurate and timely schematics, drawings, schedules, bill of materials and layouts as required by the Project Manager/Installations Manager
- Assist in the production of Scope of Work documents
- Assist in the production of O&M documentation
- Support for system commissioning, testing and client/internal training as required for WL installations
- Submit project status reports to internal and external project stakeholders and take part in project program meetings as required by the Project Manager/Installations Manager
- Experience and practical knowledge of the installation and use of audio, video and lighting systems, system integration and IT networks
- Proficiency in CAD and Visio
- Current product knowledge
- An awareness and understanding of current legislation and regulations regarding AV system installation
- Adhere to and demonstrate knowledge of Health and Safety matters in relation to work related tasks and ensure that all relevant Health and Safety guidelines are adhered to at all times
- Proven experience in a similar role
Personal Competencies and Behaviours
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, prioritise and manage workload to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to support other team members with technical advice and support as required
- Excellent time management and planning skills, forward thinking and able to add value
- Willing and flexible approach, with the ability to work on own initiative
- Deadline and commercially conscious
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of internal and external project stakeholders
White Light Key Policies and Core Values
- Maintain WL confidentiality at all times
- To represent the company in a courteous and appropriate manner in all circumstances
- To follow correct procedures at all times and to follow the policies laid out in the staff handbook
- To carry out your duties and responsibilities in a manner that reflects the Core Values of White Light at all times:
Dependable, Friendly, Knowledgeable, Adaptable, Customer Focused, Honourable
Full enhanced disclosure and barring checks will be carried out.
Full Clean driving license required.
Work on site will be required.
Long distance, countrywide travel and overnight stays are also likely.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter including salary expectations to email@example.com
Apply via www.whitelight.ltd.uk