Relief Chargehand (Stage) at Nimax Theatres
Application closing date: 26 Jun 2022 11:59pm
Salary: BECTU graded
Position: Stage Chargehand
Contract: Full Time
Working across the whole Nimax portfolio, the successful candidate will offer support and cover to our Stage Departments. This is a full time, 40 hour position and a fantastic opportunity to work in six beautiful West End theatres.
- Assisting the Master / Deputy Master Carpenter in relation to the stage for the safe and efficient get-in, fit-up and get-out of all productions, concerts and events within the theatre.
- Assisting the Master / Deputy Master Carpenter in ensure the smooth and safe operation or all stage equipment located within the theatre.
- To ensure that daily maintenance checks are carried out.
- To attend regular departmental meetings as required.
- To work as part of the stage crew during shows and, if required, to act as flyman. To be fully conversant with the operation of the counterweight system within the theatre.
Health & Safety/Maintenance:
- Assisting the Master / Deputy Master Carpenter to carry out equipment checks as required.
- Assisting the Master / Deputy Master Carpenter in the completion of Risk Assessments as required.
- Assisting the Master / Deputy Master Carpenter to carry out the required daily/weekly/monthly checks as carried out in line with Company Procedure and recorded in the relevant log book.
- Assisting the Master / Deputy Master Carpenter in ensuring the safe and efficient operation and maintenance of all stage equipment within the Theatre.
- Assisting the Master / Deputy Master Carpenter in ensuring that the stage storage areas within the theatre are kept in good order and repair.
- When required, to act as the theatre representative for Contractors on site with regard to the stage equipment or theatre building.
- To carry out routine maintenance tasks within the theatre as required.
Equality Diversity & Inclusion:
Nimax Theatres Limited is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for employees, job applicants and customers alike. We actively encourage job applications from all backgrounds.
Apply via nimaxtheatres.bamboohr.com