Scenic Carpenter at The Royal Opera House
Application closing date: 13 Dec 2021 8:00am
Position: Scenic Carpenter
Contract: Full time Fixed Term
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Royal Opera House Scenic Carpentry team at the Bob and Tamar Manoukian Production Workshop, our purpose built state-of-the-art 3750 sq metre building in Purfleet, Essex. The site contains a scenic construction carpentry workshop, metal workshop, paint studio and fit up area, enabling us to make scenery for the Royal Opera and Royal Ballet companies and the Birmingham Royal Ballet.
We are seeking to appoint experienced Scenic Carpenters to support operational demands ensuring that all scenic construction carpentry activities are carried out to the highest possible standard of safety, efficiency, and quality.
You will ideally have:
- City and Guilds in Carpentry and Joinery or equivalent qualifications or experience
- Significant and extensive experience of scenic carpentry manufacture using modern and traditional techniques and an understanding of period styles and history working
- Experience of constructing large scale sets for theatre venues or companies an advantage.
- Experience of working with relevant machinery and tools in a workshop setting
- Strong awareness of and adherence to Health and Safety policy and best practice.
The Royal Opera House is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment in which everyone can thrive. We welcome applications from those who are currently under represented in our workforce; in particular those who are ethnically diverse and/or disabled. As a Disability Confident Employer, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential minimum criteria for our vacancies.
A full job description and application form can be found on our website. For queries please contact the HR Department at email@example.com You can also contact us if you have any access needs for making an application.
Apply via recruitment.roh.org.uk