Sound, Video and Broadcast Technician at the Royal Opera House
Application closing date: 23 Apr 2021 8:00am
Salary: £35,600 per annum
Position: Sound, Video and Broadcast Technician
Contract: Fixed Term Contract
The Royal Opera House aims to enrich people’s lives through opera and ballet. It seeks to be accessible and engaging, to develop audiences across the UK and to break new ground in the presentation of lyric theatre. Our Technical and Production Department plays a leading part in ensuring our performances are of the highest quality by delivering technical excellence for every performance, rehearsal and event. We are seeking to appoint a Technician with Sound, Video and Broadcast experience to join our team, working closely with colleagues to ensure operational and production requirements of rehearsals and performances are carried out to the highest possible standard of safety, efficiency and quality.
You will ideally have:
– A track record in audio, video and projection, or broadcast media, with an aptitude to train and apply skills across all disciplines.
– Experience in a major establishment an advantage.
– A track record in live productions, working in live visual projection, music and singers (orchestras an advantage), and/or broadcast media.
– Technical skills and knowledge base with a thorough understanding of current equipment and systems pertinent to the role.
– The technical expertise to maintain up to date knowledge developments in audio engineering, visual projection, and broadcast equipment as maintained by the ROH.
The Royal Opera House is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment in which everyone can thrive. We welcome applications from those who are currently under represented in our workforce; in particular those who are ethnically diverse and/or disabled. As a Disability Confident Employer, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential minimum criteria for our vacancies.
A full job description and details of how to apply are available on our website. If you have any access requirements for your application, please contact the HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must have work authorisation for the UK.
Apply via recruitment.roh.org.uk