Technical Supervisor at The Point
Application closing date: 6 Mar 2024 8:00am
Position: Technical Supervisor
Contract: Fixed Term Contract
The Arts and Culture team have a clear focus on developing the cultural offer of Eastleigh Borough; attracting customers to their world class venues, developing inspiring programmes for residents and visitors alike through a diverse programme including dance, theatre, circus, comedy, music, film, visual art and creative industries; and creating a health and wellbeing offer that aims to bring people together through taking part in arts and culture activities. The Point and Berry Theatres are hubs that encourage community engagement and economic regeneration with social impact being a key driver. The team is welcoming, professional, efficient and accessible to all visitors. The team will generate income as well as promote artistic, enjoyable and sustainable environments and activities, and facilitate business opportunities and growth.
To be the first port of call when the Technical Manager is absent on a day to day basis. To assist the Technical Manager in all aspects of the operations and technical functions of The Point and The Berry theatres and external activity. This role is required to work across 2 venues.
- Deputising for the Technical Manager.
- Working with the Technical Manager assisting with the daily management of the technical operations.
- Supervise Technicians including casual workers.
- Assist in training, developing, managing and motivating the technical team to ensure a consistently high level of service is maintained.
- Monitor service standards and liaise with the Technical Manager about how improvements can be made.
- Trouble shoot issues on a daily and weekly basis, liaising with theatre hirers and artists under the guidance of the Technical Manager
- Provide technical support for all programmed events including theatre, cinema, conference and exhibitions.
- Responsible for the sound, lighting and electrical equipment within the venues.
- Act as Duty Technician when required with responsibility for all the equipment in use and security of the buildings.
- Provide technical support to the associate artists and company’s resident at The Point.
- Assist the Technical Manager to liaise with all visiting companies (professional and community users) regarding their technical requirements, taking the lead in their absence as necessary.
- Assist the Technical Manager in the co-ordination of casual staff.
- Assist in the housekeeping, safety and security of the technical store, sub-stage and associated performance and rehearsal areas including those external to the venues.
- To work with the rest of the technical team to ensure equipment is appropriately used and cared for.
- Ensure health and safety is adhered to at all times and maintained at all venues.
- Build strong relationships with managers and team members promoting a supportive culture based on excellence, professionalism and consistent communication
We are an equal opportunities employer and therefore all staff are expected to comply with our equality policies and help create a work environment in which everyone is treated with dignity, respect, courtesy and fairness. You are also expected to fully comply with Health and Safety Policies and procedures in force to help maintain and develop a safe working environment. In pursuing a practice of continuous improvement and seeking to obtain best value in all aspects of the service, staff will be expected to assist in other such duties as may be allocated for the benefit of the organisation and their own personal development. Staff will be expected to assist if the council has to deal with the results of a civil emergency.
Apply via eastleighxcd.my.site.com