ABTT Annual General Meeting 2021: Council Election Results
9 May 2023
The Annual General Meeting of the Association of British Theatre Technicians was held at Riverside Studios, 101 Queen Caroline Street, Hammersmith, London, W6 9BN, on Wednesday 26th April 2023 at midday.
Apologies for absence were received from Michael Anderson, Rob Batterbee. Debbie Clark, Bryan Raven, Nikki Scott and Christine Stott.
At the meeting the following resolutions were passed:
– The Report of the Association for the year to 31st December 2021 was adopted.
– The Accounts of the Association for the year to 31st December 2021 were adopted.
– MHA MacIntyre Hudson were appointed Auditors until the conclusion of the next Annual General Meeting and the Council of Management were authorized to determine their remuneration.
In addition the results of the Council Elections were announced.
Six vacancies came into being at the time of the AGM through the retirement by rotation of the following members of Council who had completed their current three-year term of office: Mig Burgess Walsh, Andy Franks, Peter Maccoy, Caroline Rouse, Nikki Scott and Emma Wilson.
Peter Maccoy, Caroline Rouse and Nikki Scott had all served two consecutive terms and were not eligible to stand. Mig Burgess Walsh, Andy Franks and Emma Wilson had served one three-year term and were eligible for nomination.
Six nominations for Election as a Director Trustee had been received for: David Evans, Mig Burgess Walsh, Andy Franks, Anette Ollerearnshaw, Matthew Smethurst Evans and Emma Wilson. Those nominated, in number matching the number of vacancies to be filled, were duly elected to serve a three-year term joining Louise Birchall, Oliver Brown, Alexander Cann, Ben Stephen and Anton Woodward. The new terms of office commence at the next meeting of the Council scheduled for 21st June 2023.
Immediately following the AGM, an Extraordinary General Meeting of the Association of British Theatre Technicians was held at which the following resolution was passed.
To amend the Articles of Association so that paragraph 60 and 61 read:
60. Once at least in every year the accounts of the Association shall be examined and the correctness of the income and expenditure account and balance sheet ascertained by one or more properly qualified Independent Examiners or Auditors.
61. Independent Examiners or Auditors shall be appointed and their duties regulated in accordance with Section 161 of the Act, Section 14 of the Companies Act 1967 and Sections 13 to 18 of the Companies Act 1976, the members of the Council being treated as the Directors mentioned in those Sections.
Following the end of the EGM, the gathered company partook of a delicious sandwich buffet lunch before enjoying a most interesting and comprehensive tour of the refurbished Riverside Studios guided by the immensely knowledgeable Chris Davies, Operations Director, and Dan Thurman, Projects Manager.