The ASD are hosting a ‘Toolbox Talk’ series in partnership with Applause for Thought to start conversations around wider skills and strategies for the workplace. Our first part is a panel discussion with Sound Professionals of various disciplines to explore their experiences and thoughts about how our industry works and how we work within it. The second part is a Wellbeing Workshop where the AFT team will help attendees to further develop their personal resilience to stress, anxiety and burn out. This second session is not sound-specific and would be of benefit to anyone working in our industry.
Part Two – Well-being at Work
The second part of the series focusses on your well-being at work. The Well-Being team from Applause for Thought will share some invaluable tools and resources so that you can look after yourself as you navigate your workplace.
For safeguarding reasons, this session can only be offered in-person. Please get in touch with us if you need assistance with travel to London.
This workshop will cover:
– What is your Stress Profile? – How to recognise when you or someone else is struggling.
– The Stress Container – What makes you stressed and how do you cope? Are your coping strategies positive or negative?
– Emotional Resilience – Building your Toolkit
– Burnout – What leads to burnout and what can we do to prevent it?
– Grounding Techniques – how to help yourself and others around you in times of pressure
– How to provide support to your team and your colleagues. Signposting to resources for more information and support.
The Event will be run by Applause for Thoughts – Victoria Abbott & Kate Baum
If you are not a member of the ASD but would like to join either talk please email us at email@example.com