The Alliance of Associations and Professionals in Theatre & Live Events includes representatives who work in all aspects of the theatrical and events community including more than two hundred thousand creative and production practitioners. The purpose of AAPTLE is to ensure there is open conversation between our ever evolving community, supporting ways to come together, connect and take action.
As such, the AAPTLE Lounge on the ABTT Show Floor has been created as a destination area for meetings and conversations, to help support discussion and collaboration within the Industry as a whole.
Purpose of AAPTLE
The AAPTLE Statement of Purpose:
- To establish an Alliance that will be an open and ever evolving community, supporting ways to come together, connect and take action.
- To actively work towards making our industry a safe, inclusive and sustainable place to work, now and in the future.
- To actively inform and share each other’s actions and campaigns and work with the unions in order to have a unified voice in our industry.
- To openly and confidentially discuss contractual conditions as appropriate in order to prevent the erosion of existing terms and working standards and to promote best practice.
- To actively identify immediate issues within the industry and agree action points to mutually work towards improvements and find solutions.
- To remain in discussion and consolidate as one voice to become more influential in decisions of the industry for our future.
- To use the collaboration of this strong Alliance to benefit all our members and strengthen our associations