Who they are:
The register of ASP members is a public resource to enable venue managers, licensing and safety agencies and other interested parties to verify the status of an ASP member. It lists any relevant training and experience that the member has entered into the register.
What they do:
The purpose of the Association is to:
- Formalise a group of like minded technicians, operators and managers who wish to share information and dialogue regarding the safe use of theatrical pyrotechnics in stage, concert and conference environments.
- Promote the safe handling, storage, transport and use of a specified range of theatrical pyrotechnic devices.
- Promote training in the safe and appropriate use of a specified range of theatrical pyrotechnic devices, leading to recognition and certification by the Association.
- Provide a forum service for all members working with stage pyrotechnics.
- Provide a centralised register of operators experience and training.
- Provide a verification service to External Agencies including Local Authority Licensing Departments, Fire Service and Insurance Companies.