What is SIBMAS?
SIBMAS is the International Association of Libraries, Museums, Archives and Documentation Centres of the Performing Arts. Since 1954, they have been the international network of cultural heritage in the performing arts.
Spread across 35 countries around the world, they gather individuals and institutions documenting circus, dance, film, opera, theatre and puppetry.
What they do:
SIBMAS promote research in the performing arts, facilitate networking among our members and share resources about their specific collections and the performing arts in general:
• Conferences: SIBMAS organises biennial conferences focusing on challenges and recent developments of current practical interest for our members
• Networking: SIBMAS encourages genuine collaboration and invests in spreading best practice between its members
• Newsletter: a quarterly newsletter, providing up-to-date news and information about the activities of SIBMAS and our members
• International Directory of Performing Arts: a database with detailed information about performing arts collections, searchable by organization name and/or category of member institution ranging from national libraries to puppet museums
• Proceedings: SIBMAS provides print editions of the conference papers of our conferences.
How to join:
The ABTT is a member of SIBMAS, as such, anyone who is a member for ABTT can also participate in SIBMAS activities, exhibitions, and seminars. See their website for further information.