Performing Arts Guidance – Updates
7 January 2021
From 5 January, new national restrictions have been put in place to prevent the spread of Coronavirus. During this period, performing arts venues can continue to operate under Stages 1 and 2 of the performing arts roadmap.
The guidance for Performing Arts working safely during COVID-19 has now been updated following the Prime Minister’s announcement on Monday night.
This means that:
- Performing arts professionals may continue to rehearse, train and perform for broadcast or recording purposes.
- Other than for this purpose, theatres, concert halls, grassroots music venues and entertainment venues must close. Professional dancers may continue to use dance studios.
- Non-professional activity, such as amateur choirs and orchestra, cannot take place.
- Indoor and outdoor performances with an audience cannot take place.
- You can only leave home for work purposes where it is unreasonable for you to do your job from home, including but not limited to people who work within critical national infrastructure, construction or manufacturing that require in-person attendance.