STR Practitioner Research & Development Grants
3 August 2021
Are you, or do you know, a theatre practitioner or researcher working through the pandemic and in need of financial help to develop a project?
Practitioner Research & Development Grants
Last year the Society for Theatre Research launched its Covid-19 Support Grants, which supported seventeen developing theatre projects during the coronavirus pandemic. Funds went towards video technology, online translators, interview equipment and more. You can read about last year’s winners and find reports on their work here.
This year, the Society for Theatre Research is delighted to announce new annual Practitioner Research and Development Grants. There are twenty support grants of £200 available to help theatre practitioners and researchers through the ongoing problems caused by the pandemic. As with last year, these grants are for practitioners working in the UK to facilitate British and British-related theatre projects.
The application form has been designed to be as quick and simple as possible; it is five questions long. The deadline for applications is Friday, 13 August 2021. We aim to inform successful projects by Friday, 27 August 2021.
We particularly welcome applications for projects working with under-represented voices in British Theatre.
Who are the grants for?
- Theatre practitioners and researchers working in the UK
- Individuals and groups
What are they for?
- British and British related theatre projects
- To help facilitate knowledge exchange and creative networking. This might take the form of online panels, conferences, Q&As, workshops, masterclasses etc.
- To aid research into adapting / making a piece of theatre accessible during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- To enable research that will contribute towards and inform a production.
- Part-budget for research materials and software licences to enable research and its dissemination.
What can we spend the money on?
- Subscription to software or online providers such as Zoom, Vimeo Pro or Dropbox
- Paying for improved broadband
- Purchasing books etc for research
- Subscription to an online resource for research, such as the British Library Newspaper Archive
- Contribution towards materials for workshops or publicity, such as stationery, hard-drives, dictaphones, microphones, props
- Paying a fee for expert advice, speaker, workshop, etc
What does the Society for Theatre Research expect in return?
- The Society for Theatre Research to be credited
- A short report for our website: www.str.org.uk
How do I apply?
Download this information and the form here, and fill out the five questions: https://www.str.org.uk/str-practitioner-research-and-development-grants/
Send to email@example.com
When is the deadline?
Friday, 13 August 2021
When will I hear if successful?
Friday, 27 August 2021
Any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org