ABTT Annual General Meeting and Members’ tour at Riverside StudiosM
Member’s price FREE
26 April | 11:30 am - 4:00pm
London, Riverside Studios
It was recently announced that the Riverside Studios has begun to enter administration. However they are trading as usual during the process and the ABTT AGM and Tour is planned to still go ahead as scheduled.
The Annual General Meeting of the Association of British Theatre Technicians which will be held at Riverside Studios on the 26th April at 12:00 Midday. ABTT Members with voting rights and any others with non-voting membership are invited to arrive from 11.30am in order to attend the Annual General Meeting at 12:00 midday and the Extraordinary General Meeting at 12.30pm at Riverside Studios.
This will be followed by some refreshments and a chance for members to catch up before regrouping at 1.30pm for a backstage tour of the venue with Operations Director Chris Davies and his team who will let us explore all the new spaces and the technology in use.
Originally closing for redevelopment in September 2014, their three studios and cinema were to be replaced by a new building encompassing 165 residential apartments and new studio facilities.Following the 5-year project and opening in late 2019 just before the pandemic, the venue now boasts state-of-the-art studio facilities for theatre and television consisting of three studios, two cinemas, a riverside bar and kitchen and a bakery as well as numerous flexible event and rehearsal spaces plus some tenant office accommodation.
Annual General Meeting Agenda – 12pm
- Apologies for Absence
- To consider, and if thought fit, to adopt the Report of the Association for the year to 31 December 2021.
- To consider, and if thought fit, to adopt the Accounts of the Association for the year to 31 December 2021.
- To announce the results of the Council election.
- To appoint the Auditors to serve until the conclusion of the next Annual General Meeting and to authorise the Council to determine their Remuneration.
- Only current corporate members (Fellows, Members and Honorary Members) may vote at General Meetings.
- Associates and representatives of affiliated organisations are entitled to attend and speak at General Meetings but have no vote.
Extraordinary General Meeting Agenda – 12.30pm
The Extraordinary General Meeting is called to consider an amendment to the wording of the Articles of Association to clarify that the ABTT may submit its annual accounts for independent examination where there is no qualification under statute for an audit.
UK Government guidance states:
The trustees will usually be able to choose an independent examination instead of an audit if your charity’s gross income is:
- more than £25,000, but not more than £1 million, provided that
- if its gross income is more than £250,000, its gross assets (fixed assets plus current assets) are £3.26 million or lessGovernment Guidance here.
The proposed amendments to the Articles of Association are shown in red below.
60. Once at least in every year the accounts of the Association shall be examined and the correctness of the income and expenditure account and balance sheet ascertained by one or more properly qualified Independent Examiners,
Auditor or Auditors.
61. Independent Examiners or Auditors shall be appointed and their duties regulated in accordance with Section 161 of the Act, Section 14 of the Companies Act 1967 and Sections 13 to 18 of the Companies Act 1976, the members of the Council being treated as the Directors mentioned in those Sections.
Appointing a Proxy
If you are unable to attend either the Annual General Meeting or the Extraordinary General Meeting you may appoint a proxy for either or both meetings by completing and submitting a copy of the pro-forma proxy form at least 48 hours before the commencement of the AGM and which may be found here: Proxy Form.