Who we are:
The ABTT Training and Education committee is made up of 16 members who volunteer from theatre employers, training providers, education sector and freelance workers.
What we do:
We meet regularly to discuss and influence current training and education developments in Technical Theatre sector, including safety, qualifications, operating and legal standards. We also advise the ABTT Council on the training budget and help set and maintain training standards for all of our courses.
Why we do it:
To help ensure theatre technical training is current and suitable for the industry, while developing courses to address training gaps between full time technical courses and skill specific short courses.
– Promoting our courses through our industry networks.
– Ensure our course delivery maintains the required standard by regularly meeting tutors and observing course delivery.
– Guide the development of our courses for pre-entry and existing employees.
– Increase awareness of learning routes in our sector.
– Successfully reaccrediting our courses through the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland.
– Developing new courses to respond to theatre sector needs.
– Being involved developing the new, Trailblazer Apprenticeship, Creative Venue Technician.
Why we need you:
We’re looking for people to join our committee who are passionate about theatre technical training, influential in the training sector, and enjoy contributing to ensuring our courses are relevant and the best for the theatre sector.